102522


102522 - Cyclical Nature

Sorry about the late post, wasn't feeling well towards the end of class and looking at a screen hurt quite a bit.

This is what I'm currently working with for this project, as for summing it up in one word, I think "transformation" works well. The concept behind this piece so far is the ever-changing nature of art and what it means to be "original". Every piece of art, literature, and everything else takes influence from something else, so that cycle of information being recycled and magnifying in onto itself is what I wanted to focus on. Using an amalgamation of images that I've taken, I'm working on creating a semi-realistic heart shape to reference my own work from a few semesters ago where I created a heart out of fabric.

Moving forward I think that playing with the idea of a mirror might be fun- including that old piece I worked on, and creating some kind of tryptic might be an interesting way to do that. 

 

Comments

  1. Rachel, I love your idea for this project! I definitely would try playing with the idea of the mirror. I think it would clue us in on a metaphor which is important within this project. Also, you can totally see that it resembles a heart, I was confused at first but reading your explanation made it so much more clear. The colors and textures are all really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done so far and I think the mirror would be fun to play with and can help with your concept. I also was a little confused at first but after reading your explanation it makes more since to me now and I can see the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool so far! Love the way you're combining different textures, and I love the idea of referencing an older piece of yours, especially if you're going to incorporate a mirror. There's a lot of great context here, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a unique approach and a bit uncomfortable to look at (in a good way), I would love to see a tryptic of this idea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts